Thursday 19 July 2012

Steve Jobs' Android comments won't be in Apple-Samsung trial


Steve Jobs won't be heard in the Apple-Samsung patent infringement trial after all.
U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh today granted an Apple request to ban disparaging comments the late Apple CEO made about Google's Androidoperating system, according to a Reuters report. Apple had asked the court to exclude any statements attributed to Jobs by Walter Isaacson, Jobs' biographer, about wanting to destroy Android because it's allegedly a stolen product and his intention to go to "thermonuclear war" to achieve that goal.
The disputed comments were made during interviews with Isaacson before Jobs died last October.
"I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong," Jobs told his biographer. "I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this."
Samsung had argued in a court filing that Jobs' "thermonuclear" comment "speaks to Apple's bias, improper motives and its lack of belief in its own claims in that they are a means to an end, namely the destruction of Android."
Koh disagreed, saying the comments were not relevant.
"I really don't think this is a trial about Steve Jobs," Koh said.

No comments:

Post a Comment